Bury Carers’ Hub provides a single point of access for all adult Carers (18+) supporting another adult living in Bury. The Hub exists to ensure that Carers have access to information, advice, and a wide range of support services.
These support services are designed to help Carers continue in their caring role for as long as they choose and to reduce the impact the caring role can have on a Carer’s own health and wellbeing.
The Bury Carers Hub provide information, advice and a wide range of specialist support services designed to help adult Carers continue in their caring role for as long as they choose and reduce the impact the caring role can have on their own health and wellbeing.
We work directly with individual Carers to discuss their concerns and needs, and design a tailored personalised support package.
Support available includes:
- Access to a specialist staff member with 1-2-1 or group based support
- Help to take a break from your caring responsibilities and do something for yourself
- Access to online support including our Carers’ Community Network
- Access to a 24 hour CHAT Line delivered by other Carers
- Access to peer support
- Providing information, advice and guidance on a variety of topics
- Support to access community, health and wellbeing services
- Access to activities, training and much more
- Opportunities to volunteer, make friends and provide support for others
- Providing opportunities to volunteer as a ‘Friend of Bury Carers'
- Access to a regular Bury Carers’ Hub magazine
- Additional support for the person who is being cared for (eg Respite Care)