The Bury Directory is the online directory to find information, services and support available in Bury
- NHS Choices is the online ‘front door’ to the NHS. It is the country’s biggest health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health.
- The Care Quality Commission checks all hospitals, dentists, care homes and care services to see if they meet national standards. You can find out what they have to say about these services in your area by visiting their website.
- The Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and community services to people living in the boroughs of Bury, Oldham and Rochdale. Find out more by visiting their website.
- Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in distress to seek help. The directory contains information on many different types of distress, as well as articles, news, and events. To ensure the professionalism of thiswebsite, all counsellors have provided the service with qualifications and insurance cover or proof of membership with a professional body.
Mencap Trust Company has provided a not-for-profit discretionary trust service since 1976. It is a wholly owned, but independent subsidiary of Mencap. Each trust fund is administered on an individual basis; at the heart of our service is our relationship with the beneficiary and the important people in their lives, for the whole of their lives. Mencap Trust Company works with the Golden Lane Housing (Mencap’s specialist housing arm) to enable property to be placed in trust for a beneficiary and be properly managed and maintained.
Who is it for:
The service is for people with diagnosed and undiagnosed learning disability or vulnerability
Provide information, advice and a wide range of specialist support services designed to help adult Carers continue in their caring role for as long as they choose and reduce the impact the caring role can have on their own health and wellbeing.
Phone: 0300 303 0207
Text: 07786 201226
FREEPOST Bury Carers’ Hub
Through Covid -19:
- Carers can register on the Carers UK Digital Resource. This resource provides access to information on a range of topics, online training, and a care coordination app
- Carers can access the volunteer led Carers Help and Talk (CHAT) Line where volunteers (often other Carers) are on hand to offer emotional support and a listening ear. This is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (0300 022 9490)
Electronic Expression of Interest Form
- FIRST AID COURSES: Whether you need health and safety training for work or want to learn first aid for your everyday life. For more information contact: 0845 527 7743
- MOBILITY AIDS: We provide short-term loans of wheelchairs and toilet aids.: contact 01772 707300
North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust – Patient Transport Service
You may be eligible for the Patient Transport Service (PTS) if you have a medical condition which could stop you getting to your appointment by any other means.
Tel: 0161 762 3155 (option 1)
Hours: Mon – Thurs 8:30am – 5:00pm
Fri 8:30am – 4:45pm
The Communication and Information Needs Passport is a practical and person-centred way of supporting patients/service users, carers and parents who cannot easily speak for themselves.
Copies of the Communication and Information Needs Passport can be obtained by contacting Jules Wall by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0161 778 2741. They can also be picked up from Outpatients at any of the Trust’s hospitals, North Manchester General Hospital, The Royal Oldham Hospital, Fairfield General Hospital in Bury, and Rochdale Infirmary. Partner organisations can also supply the passports.
Homeless – A Bed Every Night (ABEN) – 0161 253 5537
How to register with a GP leaflet (homeless)
SEE OUR ‘USEFUL LINKS’ PAGE