Keeping Bury safe during COVID-19
COVID-19 and the various measures taken to manage the virus and protect us, continue to impact everyone in Bury.
It is now more important than ever to ensure that Bury residents stay up to date with the latest guidance and advice, which aims to keep us as safe as possible.
The COVID-19 Community Champion network is made up of volunteers from all areas of the borough and will help residents to stay up to date with how to protect themselves and others against the virus.
What will we do?
Bury Public Health will keep COVID-19 Community Champions informed of the latest advice and guidance, hold exclusive webinars and Q&As, and allow you to ask questions to the Public Health Team. This will help your family, friends and other community members to make sense of the latest facts and guidance about the virus.
What we ask our COVID-19 Community Champion to do
We want you to share this reliable and up to date COVID-19 information with anyone in your network- family, friends and community.
By receiving trustworthy and clear information regularly, Bury residents will be able to make more informed choices, as we ensure the safety of the public and manage the pandemic.
Please note that being a COVID- 19 Community Champion is not an enforcement or regulatory role.
- Who we’re looking for Do you have the qualities, values and skills to become a Covid-19 community champion? Whoever you are – please help us to enable you to support others.
- Resources and supporting documents Information to help you understand your role as a Covid-19 Community Champion.
- Frequently asked questions Who are the Covid-19 community champions, what skills will they need, do I need training, how do I apply, etc.
- How to become a COVID-19 Community Champion Sign up to be a Covid-19 community champion.
- Welcome pack Being a Covid-19 community champion – How does it work? Your role and responsibility etc
BMBC – March 2021