Complaining about social care services

You may have several options to make a complaint about adult social care services. One option is to use the  complaints procedure, or you may be able to report your concerns to a different organisation, for example, the Local Government Ombudsman or the regulatory body of the professional involved. In serious cases, you might want advice about taking legal action.

Where to start

Outlines why you might want to complain about the adult social care you have received, who is accountable for services and the options available for making a complaint.

Deciding whether to make a complaint

Things to think about when deciding whether to make a complaint about your experience of social care services, covering possible outcomes, time limits and cost.

NHS and adult social care services complaints – deciding what outcomes you want to achieve

Lists the possible outcomes you might want to achieve, to help you decide whether to make a complaint about NHS services.