What is Healthy Start?
If you’re pregnant or have children under the age of 4 you can get free vouchers or payments every 4 weeks to spend on:
- cow’s milk
- fresh, frozen or tinned fruit and vegetables
- infant formula milk
- fresh, dried, and tinned pulses
You can also get free Healthy Start vitamins.
More information & how to apply:
The Department of Health and Social Care has recently agreed to temporarily extend the Healthy Start scheme to British children (aged 0-4), whose parent/guardian meet the financial eligibility criteria and are excluded from claiming public funds as a consequence of their immigration status.
To qualify for the temporary extension you must meet all the following criteria:
- you have a child, or more than one child, who is aged 0-4;
- your families take-home pay is less than £408 per month; and
- your immigration status includes the condition that you cannot access public funds
Potential applicants should contact Healthystartclaim@dhsc.gov.uk stating you believe you qualify and someone will reply to discuss the application process with you.