Manchester communities are invited to comment on two major hospital redevelopment plans
Exciting proposals to transform hospital sites in North Manchester and Wythenshawe to deliver ambitious community regeneration opportunities are now available for public consultation.
Manchester City Council, Manchester Health and Care Commissioning and Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) are working together on a vision for a new sustainable health campus at North Manchester General Hospital (NMGH) which will be at the heart of the local community.
MFT is also working with property company Bruntwood on the redevelopment proposals for the Wythenshawe Hospital site, which seeks to transform the site and create a campus with excellent healthcare facilities in an environment that is welcoming to everyone.
Both projects will provide a focal point for their local community, with connected health and social care facilities, high quality new homes and green travel options, plus access to education and training opportunities alongside more inviting public open spaces.
The transformational developments will bring positive change for the communities, creating new jobs, promoting healthy lifestyles, developing skills and contributing to a zero-carbon environment for the benefit of local neighbourhoods and the wider city.
The proposals for each location are contained within a draft ‘Strategic Regeneration Framework’ (SRF) document. These have each received initial endorsement by Manchester City Council’s Executive and the next step is to consult local people to help shape the final SRF plans.
The public consultations are open to all stakeholders, including
- Hospital staff, patients and visitors
- Local residents, businesses and organisations
- Elected and community representatives, the wider public
- The voluntary, community and social enterprise sector.
The Wythenshawe Hospital consultation runs from Monday 30 November to Friday 29 January. Details of how to get involved are available at https://mft.nhs.uk/future-wythenshawe-hospital , and virtual information events will be held on 10 and 14 December and 14 January. Feedback on both consultations can also be sent by email, Freepost and telephone with details provided on the two websites.
Have your say on the exciting new plans for the North Manchester General Hospital site
Consultation open until 29 January 2021
We are really excited by the plans for the North Manchester Health Campus on the North Manchester General Hospital site that is proposing two new hospitals plus a range of supporting services and facilities for the community. We need you to have your say on the exciting new plans.
North Manchester General Hospital is at the heart of an exciting vision to improve health and wellbeing for local people over the next 10 to 15 years. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to create some fantastic facilities for our area. The proposals include:
- A new, main acute hospital providing modern, best-in-class healthcare facilities, embracing integration, innovation and technology
- A modern mental health hospital offering a high quality and effective care environment (New Park House development).
- A wellbeing hub to deliver integrated community-based care and wellbeing services, responding to the specific needs of local people. This will become a destination for the local community through the variety of services it offers, combined with meeting spaces and a community café.
- An education hub to support training for healthcare staff and to maximise employment opportunities for local community.
- A new residential community focused on keeping people well at home. The housing will be diverse and could include key worker accommodation, social housing, stepdown care, and extra care.
- New high-quality commercial space with a focus on healthy ageing and providing flexible accommodation suited to companies in different stages of evolution. This space will support and inspire innovation and enable businesses to locate and expand in North Manchester, benefiting local employment.
- A village green. This will be a high quality outdoor space, acting as a focal point for the Campus, and a vital connection to the local neighbourhood.
You can have your say, comment and share support for the plans and ideas as part of a consultation on what is known as the Strategic Regeneration Framework – the overall plans for the project – which is open until Friday 29 January.
You can check out the plans, the dates of some virtual events to hear more and find out how to have your say here: https://mft.nhs.uk/transforming-the-future-at-north-manchester-general-hospital/
Virtual sessions to find out more
As face to face meetings are restricted due to the national COVID-19 regulations, Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have arranged a series of Microsoft Teams Live online events for our local community. All you need is access to the internet. You will have the opportunity to hear more about the Strategic Regeneration Framework and to ask questions directly to the project team.
To join a session, please click on the relevant link below:
Find out more about how to join the virtual events.
How to have you say
- You can complete the online consultation feedback form online by clicking here (scroll to the bottom of the page) – https://mft.nhs.uk/transforming-the-future-at-north-manchester-general-hospital/strategic-regeneration-framework/share-your-views/
- You can also download the form to print, complete and return by email or by freepost.
- You can also write to the team free of charge at:
Freepost Plus RRBR-AXBU-XTZT MFT NHS Trust Oxford Road Manchester M13 9WL
- Or you can contact us at email@example.com or call 0161 276 1234.