Bury CCG and Council in partnership with a local social enterprise Collaborate Out Loud CIC are offering this exciting opportunity to Bury Citizens. Utilising the NHS North West Leadership Academy Citizen Leadership resource pack we are offering a development opportunity to a group of 15 citizens (3 from each neighbourhood). This opportunity will develop this group to be able to take the resources and use them meaningfully locally (and within a virtual context).
The Citizen Leadership Resources
The resources were developed to help organisations delivering health and care services to work with communities differently. In order for this to happen citizens need to be given the space and time to develop their own ideas on what needs to change and how they want to help shape this. these resources take you step by step through how you can get a group of people together locally to explore their ideas and put them into practice to shape the future of the health and care system.
The programme will:
- Help you develop the confidence and skills to create development opportunities for your community e.g. running your own citizen leadership space locally
- Connect you with a diverse group from across Bury who can test and learn from these resources together
- Help you to put the resources into practice through ongoing support and coaching
- A short pre-programme questionnaire once you have been allocated a place (to help us to evaluate the programme)
- Attending a one hour co-creation event to help us tailor the programme
- Attending 3 x 2 hour zoom sessions
- Being part of an ongoing learning and support network via WhatsApp
- Committing to run something locally in your neighbourhood using the resources (this will be different for everyone and we will encourage the 3 people in each neighbourhood to develop something together)
The resources include:
- A playbook of exercise that can be used as a programme or individually
- A guide on facilitating your programme
- A guide to promoting your programme
- A guide to running your programme virtually
- And a whole host of other tools and resources to support this
All the sessions will be held via Zoom due to Covid-19 restrictions. And the key dates are below.
- Co-creation workshop – Wednesday 19th May 12:30-14:00
- Space 1 – Wednesday 2nd June 12:30-2:30
- Space 2 – Wednesday 9th June 12:30-2:30
- Space 3 – Wednesday 16th June 12:30-2:30
How to apply to be part of the programme
To express your interest in being part of the programme please complete this short form by Friday the Monday 17th May 2021.
DOWNLOAD – What is it all about