- The Prince’s Trust are going to be running the Get Into Retail with M&S programme for 18-30 year olds and the taster day is the 20th of October. Please see below some information about the programme ( including stores) To register young people just need to click this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/get-into-retail-with-ms-and-the-princes-trust-tickets-124430875097 Or email Sarah for more details.
- The course will be 4 weeks and will start on the 26th of October and finished 20th November
- Taster day 20th October
- There is a potential for a 4 week paid placement at the end but this is not guaranteed
- The course is 4.5 days in store with the other half a day being an online learning with the PT executive
- M&S are going to pay for travel and uniform
Stores taking part: Prestwich, Cheetham hill, Trafford centre, Lowry, Chorlton, Sale, Walkden, Glossop, Bury and Rochdale
The Prince’s Trust also have a Get Started in Radio coming up for 16-18 year old care leavers and looked after children. It’s a 1-week Get Started with Radio programme open to all GM and delivered online. Dates are Mon 26th– Fri 30th October (during half-term) There is an online Taster session on Thurs 22nd October.
The Prince’s Trust are partnering with Reform Radio & Children in Need to give young people the chance to create, produce and record their very own radio show – which could include:
- Creating and performing songs, raps, poetry, etc…
- Presenting skills & creative ways to raise awareness of issues they passionate about
- More back stage roles away from the mic like production, social media, editing, design, etc…
(N.B. everyone between 16-18 years old would be eligible as long as they meet the criteria and can commit to the week, even if they are in full-time education)
- A link to the Radio course delivered online – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT1bFPuyZ8c
Also here is a the link to case study of a face to face Radio course that was in the Guardian – Jake is featured a care leaver himself – https://www.theguardian.com/skoda-dsi-the-creative-spark/video/2018/sep/17/radio-for-help-how-young-people-are-empowering-themselves-through-radio-shows
The Prince’s Trust – Oct 2020