We are very pleased to announce that expressions of interest have now opened to join the 2021/2022 Diabetes UK Change Lab Cycle!
The Tackling Inequality in Diabetes Lab is a bold, bottom-up strategic response to the challenge of improving outcomes for people with diabetes who experience inequalities.
We are seeking five exceptional teams to work with us. Each team is provided with skills development and coaching and will be supported with £3-5k seed funding, with an opportunity to scale up successful responses to the Lab challenge.
The Lab is for anyone who wants to be a part of an extraordinary community of people committed to tackling inequality in diabetes. You might be:
- A team of professionals or colleagues
- A group of people with or affected by diabetes
- A committed group of friends
- A diverse group of citizens in your local area
- A team of students
- An individual seeking to join together with like-minded others.
Eligible teams are required to:
- Have around 5-6 people.
- Commit to two six-month ‘cycles’.
- Attend five workshops in each cycle.
- Spend time between workshops developing and testing real world responses or ‘prototypes’ to the Lab challenge.
We are seeking to work with people who:
- Believe change is possible, and that change starts with how we talk to each other about inequality.
- Have big ambitions to reduce the harm inequality does to people with diabetes.
- Commit to working in a diverse community and value diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Challenge the status quo, take risks and are open to doing things differently.
You can find out more about the Tackling Inequality Lab and how to apply here – The Tackling Inequality in Diabetes Lab | Diabetes UK. If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diabetes UK – 26/03/2021