Background information – Greater Manchester Review of Paediatric Medicine Hospital Services
- The Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership’s Improving Specialist Care Programme is undertaking a review of Paediatric medicine services. They are looking at how A&E and Observation/Assessment departments can be improved and made more sustainable for the future.
- They are now looking to engage with children, young people and parents/carers about their hospital medical services and are now ready to roll out the patient engagement activity to support this work.
- This is not a consultation exercise – instead the engagement activity is about gathering the views of people who use these services which will inform the development of a new and improved model of care.
They have designed, with the help of children and young people, two surveys so we can engage effectively and as widely as possible with patients, parents, guardians and carers.
- Below are PDFs of the surveys (one for patients/children and young people and one for parents, carers and guardians) and accompanying letters
- Both surveys are on line (links are below). QR codes appear on the surveys and letters.