As you will be aware, the NHS turns 70 next month on Thursday 5 July 2018.
The Northern Care Alliance NHS Group (Salford Royal and Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trusts) will be holding events on each site during that week, including the following events that are open to the public, our members, staff and volunteers, and our local healthcare partners, including our Healthwatch colleagues and your members.
Two Medicine for Members’ events (presentations & displays) will be held at Salford Royal and The Royal Oldham Hospital on 5 July. The theme is ‘Past, present and future’.
A family open day and celebration will also be held at North Manchester General Hospital on Sat 7 July.
Below are the details of our events, for your interest. Please feel free to join us at these events, share event details across your organisations, and help promote our NHS70 events and comms directly and via social media.
• Salford Royal (Frank Rifkin lecture theatre)- Thurs 5 July – Medicine for Member NHS70 celebration event, presentations and display 11am–12pm (staff, public, members & Governors) – see attached
• Royal Oldham (Education centre) – Thurs 5 July – Medicine for Member NHS70 event, presentations & display 3-4pm (staff, public, members) – see attached
• Bury (FGH) – Thurs 5 July – Lunchtime BBQ at Broad Oak Restaurant between 12-1pm
• Rochdale (main entrance) – Thurs 5 July – Lunchtime BBQ 12-1.30pm (staff & public). Jazz band 2-3pm
• North Manchester Community Services (Crumpsall Vale) – Friday 6 July – Big70T tea party (1.30-4pm) (North Manchester community staff, past and present). To attend, contact Sharon.email@example.com
• North Manchester General (Post Grad) – Sat 7 July – NHS70 Family Open Day 10am-2pm (staff & public) – see here