Moorside, Radcliffe North and St Mary’s
Ambition for Ageing is a £10.2 million Greater Manchester level programme aimed at creating more age friendly places for people aged 50+ and empowering people to live fulfilling lives as they age. It is funded by the Big Lottery Fund’s Ageing Better programme which aims to reduce social isolation of older people.
Ambition for Ageing in Bury is delivered by Groundwork BBOR and works in the wards of Moorside, Radcliffe North and St Mary’s until March 2020 with the aim of creating Age Friendly communities through relationships created and stronger local assets. Ambition for Ageing Bury is supported by an advisory group of older people, volunteers, Ambition for Ageing ambassadors and local businesses.
Through small investments Ambition for Ageing aims to:
• Make an area more age friendly
• Build on the skills, knowledge and experience of older people in these areas
• Involve older people in your idea
• Demonstrate this is something that older people want and need
• Create increased social connections in these areas
• Work with other groups, individuals or businesses to try new ways of doing things
• Take steps to involve new older people in the activity/project
• Have a lasting impact once the investment money ends
Who can apply?
Individuals, groups of friends or neighbours, community groups, registered charities, social enterprises or businesses can apply for this funding.
What can I apply for?
You can apply for up to £2,000 to support your idea. Your investment can go towards a wide range of costs including finding out whether older people want and need your service/activity, running activities or useful equipment or training.
Unfortunately, there are a few things that can’t be funded, such as activities that have already taken place or been paid for, loans, religious or political activities, costs that someone else is already paying for, general appeals, major building works and we don’t usually fund trips. Please contact us if you are unsure.