On Tuesday 30th July, 18 people attended an event to listen to a Senior Psychological Well-Being Practitioner (Secondment) who told them about the services provided by Healthy Minds. See below for a resume of services provided.
Healthy Minds, provides a range of treatment and support options for people struggling to cope with low mood, stress, anxiety, depression, or any of the common mental health problems that up to 1 in 4 people will experience at some point in their lifetime.
There are a range of services on offer to help, from online self-help courses, to 1-2-1 therapy sessions or group workshops, such as mindfulness courses.
If you are over the age of 16 years and registered with a GP in Bury, you can make contact with the service directly to get the help and support that is right for you.
- Telephone Assessment about 45 minutes
- Description of the problem (onset/triggers)
- Impact (work, home, family, relationships)
- Support and coping strategies
- Long term conditions / medication
- Risk to self and others
- Goals for treatment
- Treatment options discussed and agreed
- Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, x6 sessions 30 minutes
- Mild to moderate depression and anxiety eg. Panic, low mood, worry
- Telephone or face to face
- High Intensity CBT
- High Intensity Therapist, x8 sessions 1 hour
- Moderate to severe depression and anxiety eg. PTSD, social anxiety, health anxiety
- Counselling for Depression
- Counsellor, x8 sessions 1 hour
- Moderate to severe depression eg. Bereavement, childhood issues
- Additional therapies
- Couples Therapy for Depression; Interpersonal Therapy, EMDR
- Community Work
- Purpose: offer one off or regular interventions to established groups in the community (min 10 people).
- Examples of interventions: introduction to mindfulness, relaxation, tips to manage stress, managing sleep problems, dealing with worries.
- Some of the organisations we are working with include: Bury Carer’s centre, Age UK, One Recovery, Bury College.
- The sessions are FREE of charge.
- If you are interested in these sessions, please contact Healthy Minds on 0161 253 5258. Simply fill in the online form and a member of the team will be in touch.
The self-help guides cover a range of mental health issues and provide you with practical advice and support. These are available to view in various formats.