Foodbank contact details
The Bury Directory is the online directory to find information, services and support available in Bury
- NHS Choices is the online ‘front door’ to the NHS. It is the country’s biggest health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health.
- The Care Quality Commission checks all hospitals, dentists, care homes and care services to see if they meet national standards. You can find out what they have to say about these services in your area by visiting their website.
- The Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and community services to people living in the boroughs of Bury, Oldham and Rochdale. Find out more by visiting their website.
- Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in distress to seek help. The directory contains information on many different types of distress, as well as articles, news, and events. To ensure the professionalism of thiswebsite, all counsellors have provided the service with qualifications and insurance cover or proof of membership with a professional body.
Mencap Trust Company has provided a not-for-profit discretionary trust service since 1976. It is a wholly owned, but independent subsidiary of Mencap. Each trust fund is administered on an individual basis; at the heart of our service is our relationship with the beneficiary and the important people in their lives, for the whole of their lives. Mencap Trust Company works with the Golden Lane Housing (Mencap’s specialist housing arm) to enable property to be placed in trust for a beneficiary and be properly managed and maintained.
Who is it for:
The service is for people with diagnosed and undiagnosed learning disability or vulnerability
A carer is anyone who provides unpaid support for a family member or friend who may have an illness, disability, a mental health problem or addiction. They may need help in every aspect of their life or it could just be that you check up on them to see they are safe. There are almost 6 million Carers in the UK with an estimated 13 million people expected to become Carers in the next decade/ Over 1.25 million Carers provide over 50 hours per week of carer and 42% of the Carers are men. The value of the work that Carers do is currently estimated at £119 billion per annum.
Bury Carers Centre provides:
Full Carers Package:
- 1:1 Support with Carers Advisors
- Access to CAB Advisor exclusively for Carers
- Support with financial issues including support with completing benefit forms
- Carer Support Groups including Learning Disabilities L/D; Substance Misuse, Autism; Cancer; Stroke and Dementia
- Bilingual Speaking Staff
- Fully Qualified Social Worker on Site
- Activities and Events including Meditation and Complementary Therapies
- Training and Workshops including Coping Strategies and Loss and Change and much more
They also offer:
- Quarterly Newsletter with up to date information in regards to carers
- Red Cross Card Scheme – This service provides carer with a card that they can keep on them, and in the case of an emergency with the carer, any support service such as the ambulance would know that they are a carer and alert the correct person
- Support with gaining employment
They take Self Referrals or referral from any healthcare professional. In order to access our services drop in, give them a call or email:
Cecil Street, Bury BL9 0SB
- FIRST AID COURSES: Whether you need health and safety training for work or want to learn first aid for your everyday life. For more information contact: 0845 527 7743
- MOBILITY AIDS: We provide short-term loans of wheelchairs and toilet aids.: contact 01772 707300
North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust – Patient Transport Service
You may be eligible for the Patient Transport Service (PTS) if you have a medical condition which could stop you getting to your appointment by any other means.
Tel: 0161 762 3155 (option 1)
Hours: Mon – Thurs 8:30am – 5:00pm
Fri 8:30am – 4:45pm
The Communication and Information Needs Passport is a practical and person-centred way of supporting patients/service users, carers and parents who cannot easily speak for themselves.
Copies of the Communication and Information Needs Passport can be obtained by contacting Jules Wall by emailing email@example.com or calling 0161 778 2741. They can also be picked up from Outpatients at any of the Trust’s hospitals, North Manchester General Hospital, The Royal Oldham Hospital, Fairfield General Hospital in Bury, and Rochdale Infirmary. Partner organisations can also supply the passports.
SEE OUR ‘USEFUL LINKS’ PAGE