Healthwatch Bury NHS Complaint Advocacy Service
Need help making a complaint about an NHS service?
The Healthwatch Bury NHS Complaint Advocacy Service is here to provide you with practical support and information if you want to make a complaint about an NHS service you or someone you know has received. The service is free, confidential and independent and is available to everyone who needs support.
Healthwatch Bury can support and guide you through the process of making a complaint about the NHS service.
The support we offer is tailored to your needs and includes:
- Giving you enough information and advice so you can pursue a complaint by yourself
- Offering you the support of an experienced worker, such as an Advocate, who can help you make your complaint.
- Compiling all the relevant issues and facts you need to highlight as part of your complaint
- Writing letters to the right people
- Preparing you for complaint meetings and go to these with you if you need support
- Answering questions to help YOU make decisions
- Giving you the opportunity to speak confidentially to someone who is Independent of the NHS
- Meeting with you face to face to discuss your complaint
- Monitoring the progress of your complaint with the organisation responsible
The experienced and qualified advocate can help you explore your options at every stage of your complaint and give you the information that can help you decide what to do.